Smashed Peas and Carrots

Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday...to Me!

Say cheese!

Getting a big mouth full of icing...mmmm!

Family photo...the four of us

The first slice of cake

Birthday cakes are so much fun...to karate chop!

Today is my birthday. I am officially a year older. 32 years to be exact. I really don't mind getting older, birthdays are meant to be enjoyed and celebrated so why cry over another year...right? We should all be happy to have another year to share with the ones we love.

It was a great birthday! My husband surprised me by having his parents come up to babysit the kids so we could have a date. We went shopping, saw a movie--The Proposal (which we both really enjoyed...and I will never be able to look at Oscar from The Office the same way again!), and went out for Japanese food--one of my favorite things to eat when I'm minus the kids! It's so nice to be able to have some alone time with my hubby. We came home late and had some cake with everyone. Noah just loves birthdays and cannot get enough of lighting candles, blowing out candles and just making a sugary mess. We let him go to town on the cake since he was just so sweet and innocent, chopping it up like a little samurai. We even let him lick it (why not right?) and just served up some cake with a side of saliva from Noah and enjoyed the beautiful night. What a day...I am blessed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home