Smashed Peas and Carrots

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Buckets of Blueberries

Ahhhh...behold the BLUEBERRY!

Penny and her bucket

Noah finding the perfect blueberry

...or should I say blueberrIES

A boy, his bucket, and his blueberries!

Our little taste tester..."mom, these ones are just right!"

Chasing down her morning snack

Noah!

This morning we went to McCann's Berry Farm and picked blueberries! It was simply so much fun! It seemed like Noah and Penny both ate their weight in blueberries and I almost felt as if I needed to place them on the scales to see what I owed for the digested blueberries in their tummies. Penny had fun walking the bushes and we saw that she is able to get up by herself from the middle of nowhere! What a big girl she is becoming right before our very eyes. Noah loved finding blueberries, big and small it didn't matter, and putting one in his bucket for every one he put in his mouth! Taste testing I am sure! I had thoughts of making a homemade blueberry pie later today but I think Noah and Penny have put a good dent into the bag we brought home so there isn't enough now...looks like we'll have to go back and do this again another day!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

That was one of my favorite adventures in AK - picking blueberries. We always had to be sure to look over our shoulder for bears!! That didn't stop us :0)

July 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home