So, after I made that rockin' sundress for me I just had to make one for little Miss P. I found a great yellow print with the cutest little bees on it and knew Penny had to have a little summer dress too. Even though summer is at it's end, I was thinking ahead and decided to make a really long dress...like down to the ankles long...and that way by next summer it would be more of a short-to-the-knees type dress. Well, that's where things went awry...when I tried the long dress on Penny, it seemed almost too long, hmm, or maybe she is just too short and chunky, anyways it just didn't look right. So, I decided to take it up a few inches and started cutting away by only eyeballing it. You know, sometimes it's just better to measure because my eyeballing it cut the dress too short and now it's more of a long top. Well, I figure by next summer it will be a normal sized top and went with it! Hooray for improvisation! And, since her summer dress is now a top I thought I would use some of the extra fabric and make the cute little bloomers I saw in Heather Ross' book, Weekend Sewing. I made the 18-24 months size figuring she'd be able to wear them next summer and to my excitement when I put them on her they actually fit her pretty nice right now...thank goodness for that puffy little cloth diaper bum of hers! Now she can get some use out of it this year a little bit too...Yay for mistakes!
(The improvised) Cute little summer outfit
Close up of the bloomers!
A close up of the top!
My little model!
OK momma, I'm done with this photo shoot...see ya later!