Smashed Peas and Carrots

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cornflake Pumpkins

Yum!


Don't these look good? I told you I love Fall, didn't I? This season just gets the baking and cute dessert making bug under my skin. I love making these cornflake pumpkins cause they just look so darn cute! They are perfect for my littles too as they fit just right in their little hands. Want to make some for your littles too? Here is the recipe:

Cornflake Pumpkins

30 large marshmallows
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 tsp orange food coloring
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/2 cups cornflakes
1 bag wilton green candy melts


Place the marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute. Stir the puffed up marshmallows and butter together until it's one big gooey mess. Add the vanilla and orange food coloring and mix well. Then, add the cornflakes. Mix until all the cornflakes are coated well. Drop by large tablespoonfuls onto a greased piece of waxed paper. Place 1/2 cup of the wilton candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and melt as per directions on the package. Scoop the melted candy into a ziploc bag. Cut off the tip of one corner of the ziploc bag and decorate your pumpkins with stems and leaves! Eat and Enjoy!


Just squeeze a stem and some leaves onto your pumpkin...soooo cute!


Now, grab some fast before they're all gone!


Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Mary Pat said...

I'll be hosting a halloween party later this month, and will definitely trying out this recipe! Thanks!!

I'll be posting the party and craft ideas on my blog
Evie Adventures

It's a place where parents can find ideas of activities to do with their kids!

October 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger mommabear said...

Wonderful! The kids will love them...they are perfect for little fingers! Hope you find them as tasty as we do!
-Mags

October 1, 2009 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger michelle@somedaycrafts said...

What an awesome idea! I absolutely love this. I will make these with my kids. I am featuring this on somedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my "featured" button!!!

October 2, 2009 at 12:42 AM  
Blogger mommabear said...

Michelle,
AWESOME! Thanks for featuring my post!!! I will come by and grab that button! Have a great weekend!
-Mags

October 3, 2009 at 12:18 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

These are great!

October 5, 2009 at 8:10 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

These are too cute- and I like anything marshmallowy. Is that a word? LOL
:-) Sue

October 6, 2009 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Lighting Lady said...

Wow, these look great. I've been trying to come up with some unique ideas myself. Thanks so much for sharing.

October 13, 2009 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am i doing something wrong?? My marshmallows and butter are super runny so i keep adding marshmallows! Help!! :)

October 25, 2011 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Nope, you aren't doing anything wrong! The marshmallow/butter will be runny, just add in the cornflakes until they are nicely coated! Once the little pumpkins cool they will firm up like a rice krispie treat!

October 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Newlymeds said...

I made these last night and posted about them with a link to your blog on my blog! They were great, thank you for sharing!!

October 31, 2012 at 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have mini marshmallows on hand instead of large. How many mini ones do you think it would be? Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try these. jenni4stewart@gmail.com

September 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

You will need about 4 cups of mini marshmallow!

September 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home