Smashed Peas and Carrots

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meatball-less Sub Sandwiches {Recipe} and $100 Cooking.com Gift Card Giveaway!



**This Giveaway has closed!  The winner is #115 Nancy!

Today I wanted to share a fun recipe makeover that my family has been enjoying this summer thanks to our amazing garden...man, I'm loving our garden this summer it's been producing like crazy.  It's a meatball sub sandwich makeover if you will.  I have been really trying to add more veggies to our meals, if you've ever looked at the USDA's new meal guidelines you will see that half of your plate should be made up of fruits and veggies!  Seriously!!  So in making over this recipe, I took out the meatballs and replaced them with a few of our giant zucchini and summer squash bumper crop which I chopped, sautéed and then simmered in some lovely marinara sauce to keep the flavor the same.  The beauty of this recipe re-do is that zucchini and summer squash are fairly neutral veggies in taste, they just take on the flavor of the sauce so it's a fairly easy switch to make and one my kids loved but who doesn't love a messy marinara-filled sandwich!  


Are you ready to eat more veggies in your meals?  Give this recipe a whirl and you can definitely add a few extra servings of vegetables and no one will be the wiser on taste!

Meatball-less Subs

1 large summer squash
2 medium size zucchini
3 cloves garlic, minces
salt and pepper
1 jar marinara sauce
6 crusty bread rolls
6 slices provolone cheese

Wash and dry summer squash and zucchini.  Leaving skins on, chop and set aside.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of Country Crock Spread.  Swirl around pan until completely melted and skillet is coated.  Add in chopped zucchini and summer squash and sauté for about 5 minutes.  Mince garlic and add to skillet along with salt and pepper to taste.  Sauté for another 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are softened and deep in color.  Stir in marinara sauce and cook until heated through.  Split bread rolls in half and toast in the oven at 250 degrees for 10 minutes.  Once rolls are toasted, top with a generous portion of veggies and a slice of provolone cheese.  Heat in the oven for another 5 minutes.  Serve warm and enjoy!



First wash and dry your summer squash and zucchini.  Just look at the size of that summer squash!  It's a good 10 inches long...crazy insane!



Now grab your Country Crock Spread...we'll be sautéing in this today!



Heat your skillet over medium heat and add in two tablespoons of Country Crock Spread.  Let it melt and then swirl it around until the skillet is well coated.   



Then add in your chopped zucchini and summer squash and sauté for about 5 minutes.



Then grab 3 cloves of garlic and mince those babies up!



Add the garlic and some salt and pepper to taste and sauté for another 10-15 minutes...



Your veggies should look like this now...all deep in color and soft not raw/crunchy.  



Grab your marinara...I like this one!  Organic and very tasty to boot!



Pour your marinara over the veggies and cook until heated through or about another 5 minutes or so.  



 While your waiting, slice open your rolls and toast in the oven at 250 degrees for about 10 minutes.



Ladle nice big heaps of veggies over your toasted rolls....



Place a slice of provolone cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty.  



Then plate 'em up...watch out this could get messy!





Mmm...Enjoy!

Now I'm going to encourage you to try the recipe and post a comment letting me know you did or plan to do so. Each comment posted will be an automatic entry into a random drawing for a chance to win $100 Cooking.com gift card toward the purchase of the any cooking utensils your heart desires...awesome!

Rules:
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a)      Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b)      Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c)       Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d)      For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.

This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.


No duplicate comments.
Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.

Enter between August 24 – September 30th

Promotions & Prizes Page 
Sweepstakes Rules

XOXO,

Labels: , ,

196 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

yum! I make sandwiches like this too, but add in mushrooms and onion :) this looks more kid friendly than my version though!

sarah.currence at gmail

August 24, 2011 at 7:44 AM  
Blogger Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

What a great way to use up excess summer crop! I'm going to try this next week- adding it to my menu plan right now.

August 24, 2011 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger QuilterLaura said...

Thx for this idea. My son's girlfriend has recently become a vegetarian and I struggle with cooking ideas that won't leave her out! ty!

August 24, 2011 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to making this. Thanks for the idea..... we are trying to eat more veggies too.
kimmers_zoo@hotmail.com

August 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger MacLeague said...

My 2 year old isn't much of a meat eater, these look like the perfect meal for him! Can't wait to try them.

August 24, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Wylie said...

These look delicious. We have zucchini in our garden, and this is definitely something I will make this weekend!

August 24, 2011 at 9:45 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I just received a basket full of summer squash and zucchini from a friend I think I will try this recipes out on my family tonight thanks for the recipe!

August 24, 2011 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger annemarie said...

I plan to try this recipe - sounds delicious.

August 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Great idea! Hooray for your thriving garden!! :) PS Was Mr SmashedPeasandCarrots as excited about this as you? My Mr sometimes calls me out for going meatless. . . .

August 24, 2011 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I can't remember what it was anymore but I was having some health thing and I looked it up and one of the causes can be not enough veggies. I try really hard to make sure my kids get enough with snacks and lunches and stuff but I'm sooo bad for feeding Olivia off my plate and thinking I get more than I actually do. The more veggies I can add the better, I say! Definitely been doing a food makeover over here, having dried apples and nuts as snacks and pitas and salads and stuff more!

August 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger The Path Traveled said...

This recipe looks really good and with the heat still hanging around, its perfect for lunch!

August 24, 2011 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Our Great Joy said...

We love zucchini and squash around here, and that sandwich looks wonderful. When we are finally able to harvest some from our garden I will try this for sure.

August 24, 2011 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Mami2jcn said...

This sounds great for vegetarians! I'm going to give it a try!

mami2jcn at gmail dot com

August 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Mami2jcn said...

tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/mami2jcn/status/106412863714885632


mami2jcn at gmail dot com

August 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

YUM! I make a similar dish as a side or serve it on pasta, but I *never* thought to stuff it in hoagies with cheese. BRILLIANT! The squashes and marinara are delish together, but what isn't better with bread and Provolone? Thanks for sharing this terrific idea!

August 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger caralyn said...

Yummmmm-O! I just had lunch and I'm already hungry again after reading that post! I'm gonna snag some zuccini & squash from the Farmers Market this weekend and try this for sure...

August 24, 2011 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Sew Laughable said...

OH YUMM This is def going in the recipe box:)

August 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger ~Kristen Fritsche~ said...

This is an awesome looking recipe! My family & I have really been trying to find new recipes lately that don't involve meat (trying to save up some money so that we can buy our first house)! This is definitely on the menu for tonight. :)

August 24, 2011 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger The Hojnackes said...

We only eat meat occasionally (1-2 times a week at most), so this recipe is a great one for us to try! My kids have enjoyed meals with zucchini and yellow squash in place of meat, so I think they will enjoy this as well. Thanks for sharing! I hope to try this one next week.

August 24, 2011 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger JoEllen said...

What a smart idea! This recipe looks so yummy and I will definitely be using it soon! Thanks!

joellenzafacon at gmail dot com

August 24, 2011 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger scottylover said...

That looks YUMMY! And I am not a big veggie eater, either. May have to see what they have at the farmer's market this weekend. I think I could get hubby to try this one, too!

Sandy A

August 24, 2011 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Natural Mama said...

What a fun recipe and great give away!
ma_lafranque(at)hotmail(dot)com

August 24, 2011 at 5:45 PM  
Anonymous melissa l. said...

Sounds good for dinner!

(mellylantz@yahoo.com)

August 24, 2011 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger barneyn said...

Yum! This looks like a good way to hide those veggies! Will def. Try this! Thanks!!


nelly dot barney at yahoo dot com

August 24, 2011 at 11:52 PM  
Blogger barneyn said...

Tweet!! https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/barney_nelly/status/106233990280773634


nelly dot barney at yahoo dot com

August 24, 2011 at 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brilliant! i will definitely try this. scg00387 at yahoo dot com

August 25, 2011 at 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/#!/DesMoinesDealin/status/106592500336181248 scg00387 at yahoo dot com

August 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

YUM! Great idea!!

August 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

I love it!! Sure hope to win! :)

August 25, 2011 at 8:41 AM  
Anonymous melody said...

YUM!!! i just found your blog on top mommy blogs and i'm so glad i did! looking forward to trying this tasty meal :)

August 25, 2011 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Kaizen Fashion Project said...

I love your photos! And the sub looks super yummy!

heatheranne99 at gmail dot com

August 25, 2011 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Kaizen Fashion Project said...

Tweet!
https://twitter.com/#!/KaizenFashion/status/106748411801374721

heatheranne99 at gmail dot com

August 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Mindie said...

These look yummy. I will have to give them a try.
mindiepack@gmail.com

August 25, 2011 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Nicole Gagnon said...

We made these and added red onion and avocado. Sooo yummy. We also ate them on whole wheat buns.

August 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Donna @ Loopy Loop Creations said...

Yum!! I am going to try this weekend, perfect for my low fat diet! Thanks for the giveaway!

August 25, 2011 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger marisa said...

I will definitely be trying these! Some with real cheese and some with soy cheese!

August 26, 2011 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger wigget said...

i don't know if i'd try it without the meatballs

August 26, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Lucy and Lloyd said...

I love summer squash and can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks!

August 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger The Rust Life said...

Made this for lunch today. Family loved it! Thank you so much for sharing. Yummmmmm!

August 27, 2011 at 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Christina said...

We made this for dinner last night using garlic and squash from our CSA. It was a very filling meal. Next time I'll make a half sub each for the kids. My kids are not squash fans, but they all agreed that it tasted fine with the marinara sauce. I might try sneaking some into the sauce next time we have spaghetti. Thanks for the recipe!

August 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger The Sunshyn said...

I'll have to try a variation of this since a member of the family is sensitive to tomatoes.
chainmail (at) iwon(dot) com

August 27, 2011 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger The Sunshyn said...

I tweeted
https://twitter.com/#!/The_Sunshyn/status/107513806023950338
chainmail (at) iwon(dot) com

August 27, 2011 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, your veggie subs look wonderful and delicious. What a mouth watering creation and good for you too. I'm going to the market, get some veggies and make this for brunch tomorrow! I know it's going to be awesome! Thanks for sharing and thank you for a chance to win this wonderful giveaway!

amy [at] utry [dot] it

August 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a good looking sandwich. I like using all the veggies in it - I would probably add some mushrooms too - thanks for the idea.

kayswederski@yahoo.com

August 27, 2011 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Yum! I'd love to try this-almost like a really veggie laden spaghetti sauce on bread instead of noodles...and no meat. Lol. Anyway looks delicious!

August 27, 2011 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger susan1215 said...

This looks yummy as I love squash I will make it in future

s2s2 at comcast dot net

August 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger susan1215 said...

http://twitter.com/#!/susan1215/status/107593578569662464

s2s2 at comcast dot net

August 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM  
Blogger Carolyn G said...

I wish I would have had this recipe a few months ago when I had an abundance of squash and zucchini. I will definitely keep it for next year.

August 27, 2011 at 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it!

August 27, 2011 at 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a delicious option to try and use up some of the squash and zucchini that have overtaken my garden! Thanks for the recipe!

Jessie
j_wilson04 at yahoo dot com

August 27, 2011 at 9:05 PM  
Blogger LAMusing said...

I'd try it minus the zucchini - I'd stick with all summer squash
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com

August 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Norma said...

Looks yummy - I'll see if my daughter will make it for me
bingomamanorma(at)gmail(dot)com

August 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger LAMusing said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/#!/LAMusing/status/107661395209895936
adrianecoros(at)gmail(dot)com

August 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger Mama G said...

That sounds delicious. I'm putting that on our menu for the week.

August 28, 2011 at 11:53 AM  
Anonymous Kelly K. said...

I like new ways to add veggiee to our meals, thanks for the recipe kgkiml at yahoo dot com

August 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I can't wait to try this sub. It looks amazing.

jesikawins@gmail.com

August 28, 2011 at 1:57 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Tweet:
http://twitter.com/#!/jesikalikesfree/status/107889114359148545

jesikawins@gmail.com

August 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger jcwega27 said...

I think it looks great, not sure if mu anti veggie family would eat it though!
jessicawedwards@gmail.com

August 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Clarke & Lewis said...

yum! we're vegetarians here so we love this one! Will def try!

August 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Clarke & Lewis said...

http://twitter.com/#!/rsmc1/status/107897840906412032

August 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Helen Keeler said...

I plan to try the Meatball-less Subs recipe out on my son for Sunday family night dinner. Thanks. helenkeeler@comcast.net

August 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Helen Keeler said...

tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/helen1949/status/107901773724921856
helenkeeler@comcast.net

August 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger sebsmom9 said...

This looks delish! Will have to try soon. photoma739 at gmail dot com

August 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM  
Blogger BethElderton said...

This looks delicious! I make a roasted veggie sandwich with basil pesto. I'm going to try this one next.
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

August 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM  
Blogger BethElderton said...

http://twitter.com/#!/mbm218/status/107977493776048128
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

August 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Kelly Massman said...

I've been wanting to try some vegetarian meals! I think I'll try this--looks yummy and easy to make!

thanks also for a chance to win!
kmassmanATgmailDOTcom

August 28, 2011 at 8:15 PM  
Blogger ms-texas said...

I think this would taste great!

debbiebellows (at) gmail (dot) com

August 28, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger ms-texas said...

tweeted here:

http://twitter.com/#!/bellows22/status/107986709903454208

debbiebellows (at) gmail (dot) com

August 28, 2011 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Wow - thats looks awesome yummy!
I like recipes without meat (and my daughter too) - but my son loves meat(balls).
Hm.
I think I will try it and add meatballs too ;-)

Greetings,
Tina

August 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now I know what to do with the monster zucchini growing in my garden...I'm totally going to try it.

shel704 at aol dot com

August 29, 2011 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/#!/auntiethesis/status/108048688949100544

shel704 at aol dot com

August 29, 2011 at 12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably won´t be making the recipe because I´m the only one in my family that would like it.
traymona(at)aol.com

August 29, 2011 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Karina said...

I'm totally going to try this recipe

karinaroselee at gmail dot com

August 29, 2011 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great! I have zucchinis and squashes waiting to be eaten. I will definitely try this recipe.
mamajhaha gmail com

August 29, 2011 at 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shared on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=211583385565496&id=100002600121093

August 29, 2011 at 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Selinda said...

Sounds like a great recipe to try!

Thanks,

selinda_mccumbers at yahoo. com

August 29, 2011 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I'm making this tonight!! My husband is on his fifth year of being a vegetarian and in his meat eating days meatballs subs were his fav! Can't wait to try this on him tonight!

August 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Monica Kellen said...

My mom always gives me tons of veggies from her garden. Great recipe to use all of them up!!

makbasket54321 (at) yahoo (dot) com

August 31, 2011 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Anna F said...

This looks so good and I really have to go home and try this out! Pictures are amazing
frugalohio "at" gmail "dot" com

August 31, 2011 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Anna F said...

I tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/frugalohio44/status/108929770355560448

frugalohio "at" gmail "dot" com

August 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks so good. I can't wait to try it!!

August 31, 2011 at 3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that looks amazing! i'll take two please! :)

August 31, 2011 at 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never used vegetables in a sandwich like this. Great idea. I mean to try it.

sylvieanddudes@yahoo.com

August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

sounds like a great recipe will definitely have to try!

adankleff at gmail dot com

September 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I love fried zucchini and this recipe looks delicious and easy! I will make this asap!

September 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous luckylifepath22 said...

i will definitely try this, and might even add the addition of spinach for even more greenery!
luckylifepath22@gmail.com

September 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quick light dinner.

daleannterrell@yahoo.com

September 2, 2011 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Emily. said...

Yum, I love all kinds of squash...never thought of making a sandwich with them!

ecisley(at)comcast(dot)net

September 2, 2011 at 9:36 PM  
Blogger CathyH said...

I would love to try this! A great way to use the great veggies from the garden.
cathyguitarteacher-77 at yahoo.com

September 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger wizardewu said...

I plan to try this recipe--great way to use up overgrown zukes!

eugeniewu at gmail dot com

September 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I love meatball subs so I have to try this.

leedhowell (at) gmail (dot) com

September 4, 2011 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Love zucchini and garlic!! I'd be trying this recipe, this is going to be great for our home party.

September 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger JC said...

http://twitter.com/#!/tcarolinep/status/111314675748188160

September 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Ooh, this looks good! I think I'll try this tonight!

melduke26 at gmail dot com

September 7, 2011 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this looks wonderful and it is smart to use all the veggies from the garden!

leahforlove at aol dot com

September 7, 2011 at 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tweet!

http://t.co/V9dXUTD

leahforlove at aol dot com

September 7, 2011 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Jenny B said...

I'm ALL for trying out new recipes on my kids! Sounds good! My quadruplets LOVE veggies so....we will be trying it soon:)
Jenny B
jennyhasquads at yahoodotcom

September 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I will try this recipe next time
merleandtina@yahoo.com

September 7, 2011 at 10:37 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

http://twitter.com/#!/HappyTina0115/status/111644739392110592
merleandtina@yahoo.com

September 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Your recipe looks so darn awesome. I'm going to try it sometime. Thanks for the giveaway!! Yum yum..


kibbles0905@yahoo.com

September 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Follow and tweet

http://twitter.com/#!/Sarafan2/status/112012442942447617


kibbles0905@yahoo.com

September 8, 2011 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger K said...

great recipe and FANTASTIC giveaway! :)

September 8, 2011 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger ohstac said...

YUM! Definitely going to try this recipe. My hubby & I are eating more quick sandwiches these days.
nrdunningATgmailDOTcom

September 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger ohstac said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/ohstac/statuses/112588633478938625
nrdunningATgmailDOTcom

September 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger karenmed409 said...

Looks delicious, I think my picky eaters would like it.. thanks for the photos, i follow recipes better with photos, will giving this one a try.

karenmed409 at comcast dot net

September 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger lyndsey said...

i would love to but my husband hates zucchini :(
lyndsey dot hauck at gmail dot com

September 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Beth Anne said...

I LOVE the idea of getting more veggies into everyone's diet... in whatever way possible! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

September 12, 2011 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger Beth Anne said...

I tweeted the contest

http://twitter.com/#!/NOLAKitchenCats/status/113475795850244096

September 12, 2011 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Kirstin said...

I hope this is how I am supposed to enter your contest...could summer just stay so we can have yummy squash all year?

abbottfamily@yahoo.com

September 14, 2011 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will try this recipe....looks great, thanks!
just.garbage@hotmail.com

September 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Katie|Epicurean Mom said...

Veggie sandwich?? Yes, please! Sounds fantastic!

September 14, 2011 at 4:35 PM  
Blogger Gina M (crave to save) said...

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but it gives me another great idea on how to use all of that summer squash from the garden. Looks delicious!

gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com

September 15, 2011 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Gina M (crave to save) said...

tweet-http://twitter.com/#!/CrazyItalian0/status/114365541640179713

gina.m.maddox (at) gmail (dot) com

September 15, 2011 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I haven't tried this yet, but I think I will pick up some squash at the farmers market and give it a try. I think I will also throw in some mushrooms...yummy.

September 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tweet: http://twitter.com/njhhb/statuses/114388556893523968

September 15, 2011 at 12:22 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

wow that looks scrumptious!who needs meat?!

September 15, 2011 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger Lexiquin said...

I make a similar recipe--only I don't serve it on rolls (saves calories for me). We have plenty of zucchini in our garden and a like to make a fake lasagna using squash, marinara sauce, and cheese. So delicious! Your recipe looks great. I think my family would like it :)
Thanks for the giveaway.

September 15, 2011 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger Lexiquin said...

Tweet! https://twitter.com/#!/lexiquin/status/114433100439752704

September 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger Angel Jacklyn said...

I'M NOT MUCH OF A COOKER MYSELF, BUT MY MAN RULES THE KITCHEN. I'LL HAVE HIM TAKE A LOOK! THANKS!

kytah00@yahoo.com

September 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Angel Jacklyn said...

2ND ENTRY TWEET @ http://twitter.com/#!/kytah00/status/114753023212924928

kytah00 (AT) yahoo (DOT) com

September 16, 2011 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger ewhatley said...

That does look good. I'll definitely make it although probably add some meat, maybe meatballs.

mybeachylife at gmail dot com

September 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Stacy said...

I definitely plan to try this (without the cheese though because I'm vegan). I would probably add eggplant too. Yum.

the imagine tree at aol dot com

September 17, 2011 at 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shirley
tweet-http://twitter.com/#!/COUNTRYNEST/status/115065481748152320
supergrand2009@yahoo.com

September 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shirley
I really love this, going to try it!
supergrand2009@yahoo.com

September 17, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a great way to get kids to eat zucchini and I'm definitely going to give it a try

September 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/fairydancer35/status/115122577537630208

September 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! awesome alternative for kids not big on meat! Katie1644@aol.com

September 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Katharina said...

Yum! I need to go searching for my recipe cards as soon as I post this... gotta copy this one for sure! :-) Katharina angelsandmusic[at]gmail[dot]com

September 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Leann said...

This sounds really good. I sure could stand to eat more veggies!

September 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Leann said...

Oh yeah, forgot my email.... chefl@swbell.net

September 18, 2011 at 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tweeted

https://twitter.com/#!/JCoyne1031/status/115492625510961152

jim.coyne2@verizon.net

September 18, 2011 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I just tweeted this: http://twitter.com/#!/ACraftyEscape/status/115590851442384896 because it is one of the best new recipes I've tried recently! Thanks for sharing, my kids licked their fingers :)

September 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mitch Roberts
mcrx2@yahoo.com

This was the perfect healthy recipe for our cold weather today! It also was a great wy to use some of the squash from our garden. The kids loved it!

September 18, 2011 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Looks like a great healthy sandwich!
nuthouse(at)centurytel(dot)net

September 20, 2011 at 9:00 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/KerryBishop/status/116331208933249027
nuthouse(at)centurytel(dot)net

September 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger K.D. Grier said...

Give me some!

September 21, 2011 at 10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea and plan to make it for lunch with my friend that is a vegetarian. Thanks for a wonderful giveaway by @Blogher and @CountryCrock too!

September 21, 2011 at 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Susan Peoples said...

I tweeted and link it to you. I am not sure how to get the short url to post here.

September 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

It's certainly not a bad way to use up the rest of that zucchini! I'll give this a try - quick and easy. Perfect for a busy night.

September 22, 2011 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda B. said...

Tweet! http://twitter.com/#!/mssluna02/status/116913158895054848

September 22, 2011 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am going to try your recipe. We love Veggies.

gmissycat at yahoo dot com

September 22, 2011 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tweeted here too

http://twitter.com/#!/gmissycat/status/116930757095718912

gmissycat at yahoo dot com

September 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM  
Anonymous stacy Arriaza said...

retweeted zarriaza888 lol http://twitter.com/#!/zarriaza888/status/116940006773374976

September 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous stacy Arriaza said...

that looks so delicious I don't even think our four boys who are extremely picky would notice that its a veggie instead of a meatball all the other stuff is too tempting to worry about it being a veggie instead of a meat! LOL god bless and good luck to all!

September 22, 2011 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger sy said...

thanks for the recipe! I might try replacing zucchini with cucumber o_o
songyueyu at gmail

September 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger sy said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/syytta/status/117018010262306816
songyueyu at gmail

September 22, 2011 at 6:30 PM  
Anonymous Tiffanie Halvorson said...

My fiance and I will be trying this we are realizing that as we get older even in our mid 20's as new parents, we both want to incorporate more vegetables in delicious ways into our diets. He is trying to diet and lose weight,and has stomach problems while I just found out I have to have gallbladder surgery for gallstones.My doctors recommendation more veggies and fruit.This sounds like a delicious way to get me to eat more veggies as well; plus it's something new and interesting I can feed to our 11 month old baby boy who absolutely loves veggies and eats with us all of the time.I can feel good about feeding him this one! =)Thanks for the amazing recipe!

September 23, 2011 at 4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe- looks delish, healthy, and quick
sherricrawford70/at/yahoo/dot/com

September 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Tabathia B said...

I plan on trying this because I love squash and never tried zucchini but would use garlic seasoning or sub the cloves for something else.

tbarrettno1 at gmail dot com

September 24, 2011 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger Tabathia B said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/ChelleB36/status/117646739493748737
tbarrettno1 at gmail dot com

September 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger marcia goss said...

I plan to try this. My daughter is a vegetarian, and I am always looking for new dishes to fix for her.
marcia.goss@gmail.com

September 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM  
Blogger marcia goss said...

Tweet.
http://twitter.com/#!/mgoss123/status/118011561884397569
marcia.goss@gmail.com

September 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM  
Blogger lewalk said...

That looks amazing! I have gotten to a point in my life where I really don't want meat but don't really know what else I want. Lol. What a great substitute.

lewalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

September 25, 2011 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger lewalk said...

Tweeted.

http://twitter.com/#!/lewalk76/status/118163661645819905

September 25, 2011 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger KaHolly said...

These ingredients are going right on my shopping list this week. Looks amazing. I can almost taste it.

September 26, 2011 at 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i did not try it, but am definately planning to ...super easy and i love zucchini
nannypanpan at gmail.com

September 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

I( definitely plan on trying it - you just turned vegetables into something super delicious! :)

deeg131 at gmail dot com

September 27, 2011 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/#!/DeeGee13/status/118553190315724800
deeg131 at gmail dot com

September 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM  
Anonymous Yvonne H. said...

This looks really tasty, I think I'm going try this for lunch tomorrow.

cholden76 at yahoo dot com

September 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zucchini and squash I love them. Gonna definitely try this recipe. Thanks!
MCantu1019 at aol dot com

September 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger angie lilly said...

I am totally going to show this recipe to my hubby. He would LOVE it! I am not a squash/zucchini person but he eats them all the time and I know this would be something he would really enjoy! Thanks!
Angie
14earth at gmail dot com

September 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger angie lilly said...

I tweeted here: http://twitter.com/#!/FotoMacro/status/119425683247202304
Angie
14earth at gmail dot com

September 29, 2011 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger sodahoney said...

I am definately gonna try this.

September 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger sodahoney said...

Blog http://sodahoney.blogspot.com/2011/09/country-crock-makes-veggies-more.html

September 29, 2011 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Sandyhere said...

My daughter is going to love these. We are going more meatless in the last two years and I will definitely put this recipe on the menu.

September 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Sandyhere said...

I tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/Allhoneyhere/status/119589560077402112

September 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger ACMommy3 said...

Yummmm, this looks good, I think I'll have to try it, definitely healthier than one loaded with meats. :-) Your pics make it looks awesome! creedamy [at] yahoo[dot] com

September 30, 2011 at 12:46 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I am going to try this recipe tonight. It looks so good!

LWons@HotMail.com

September 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I will try it tonight!

LWons@HotMail.com

September 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM  
Blogger Mysharona said...

I am definitely trying the recipe.

September 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I like the recipe you posted. I would also add avocado to the recipe.

runningmatey at hotmail dot com

September 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

http://twitter.com/#!/LuckyDuckyToo/status/119869178927779840

runningmatey at hotmail dot com

September 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for the great giveaway!

Rypm25@aol.com

September 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Mel W said...

Yumm! I plan to try this recipe this week. I just bought some nice zucchini and yellow squash.

September 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger ~dab said...

Love this recipe! I can't wait to try it - it'll definitely be on the menu next week :)

September 30, 2011 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

So cheesy . . . I'll try this next week!

September 30, 2011 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger abfantom said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will definitely try it.
It looks good.

abfantom at yahoo dot com

October 1, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger buzzd said...

I always need new ideas for veggies

October 1, 2011 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger buzzd said...

tweet
https://twitter.com/#!/buzz8/status/120176371380142082

October 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger clc408 said...

Yes, I will try the recipe (or a reasonable facsimile). I love vegetables!

October 1, 2011 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger clc408 said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/#!/clc408/status/120197413926477824

October 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

those are some yummy pictures made me hungry
vmkids3 at msn dot com

October 1, 2011 at 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My zucchini crop was terrible this year (and who knew that was even possible) but this looks great. Maybe next year!
jwlarkin at lycos dot com

October 1, 2011 at 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try this recipe.

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

October 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/rhoneygee/status/120246846626078720

rhoneygtn at yahoo dot com

October 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger h. mcnaron said...

this looks super yummy. we have a lots of leftover zucchini so i would use a lot of that, probably add some mushrooms or maybe a yellow bell pepper too. thanks!

hmcnaron at gmail dot com

October 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger sustahl said...

I don't think my family would ever eat it in a sub roll, but they would eat it over rice. Thanks for the recipe.
prizeentry @ wesharewithyou dot com

October 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger sustahl said...

I tweeted https://twitter.com/#!/rsmstahley/status/120276762700689408
prizeentry @ wesharewithyou dot com

October 1, 2011 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger kdkdkd said...

Making my mouth water just looking at those pictures. Great ideas!

October 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Patrice said...

I'm a vegetarian, so this would definitely be a sandwich that I want to try. Thanks!

October 1, 2011 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger sksweeps said...

Well, since my over producing zucchini plants are long gone from my garden, I'll have to file this away to try next summer! But since I'm always overwhelmed with zucchini and looking for ways to prepare it, this is a keeper!

sksweeps (at) earthlink (dot) net

October 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM  
Blogger Suburban Correspondent said...

I think that looks good! But I'm thinking my kids might cry if they are expecting meatballs and I hand them zucchini...

October 1, 2011 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yes, will try -- a couple vegetarians in this house so perfect!
tvollowitz at aol dot com

October 1, 2011 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i plan to try it - looks delicious!
stigay at aol.com

October 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Holly B said...

I'm definitely going to try this! My husband loves zucchini..I may try grilling it first to give it a different type of flavor, yum!

October 3, 2011 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Holly B said...

http://twitter.com/#!/prismperfect/status/120843596957106176

October 3, 2011 at 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home