Smashed Peas and Carrots

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Money Saving Mom's Budget: Review and GIVEAWAY


Today I'm excited to share with you a one of my must-read book picks for 2012 that is available for purchase as of today!!  Y'all need to add this book to your reading list this January, especially if you are interested in taking control of your money and getting your budget on track for the year.  Crystal Paine, aka The Money Saving Mom, spent the beginning of 2011 writing her very own book about what she knows best...Saving Money!  I love Crystal and her blog, MoneySavingMom.com, if you haven't visited her blog you must!  She posts daily about how to find deals, save money, and get out of debt.  She even has a series on her blog about how she paid 100% cash down for their home!  

Crystal sent me an early copy of her book, The Money Saving Mom's Budget, at the end of last year and the day I received I was so excited I could hardly put it down to make dinner and get my kids to bed.  I started reading it that night and was literally done by the next evening.  It is such a great read.  She has broken down saving money into easy to digest chapters that walk you through the what it takes to get your family out of debt or, if you have no debt, to streamline your finances so you can save up a nice chunk of money for college educations, a new house, whatever your dreams may be.  
Crystal writes,

Maybe you have piles of debt and are always behind on payments.  Maybe you feel stuck in a job where you're barely keeping your head above water, and you have two children and a dog to take care of, too.  The good news?  You're never stuck--unless you choose to be.  You can choose to set goals, work hard, get creative, persevere, and make wise choices.  Ultimately, these wise choices can propel you to greater financial success than you've ever dreamed.  

There are chapters on:  Decluttering your life, Learning how to set up a budget, Going credit card-free, Beginning to use coupons, Lowering your grocery bill, and even a chapter on ways to enjoy life with out spending lots of money...hello?  date night for many of us these days includes:  paying for a babysitter, paying for a dinner out, paying for a movie or some type of activity = spending lots of money!!!  If you are interested in reading a chapter and getting a feel for this great book visit Amazon.com to see more.  

I truly loved reading this book.  Not only was it an easy read but it was jam-packed with lots of tips and information.  I had a pen and paper next to me while I read so I could jot down all my notes, all the great tips, and all the web site address she offers to help you save money.  I especially loved reading the last page of the book, behind all the free worksheets she offers and the acknowledgements.  It's the page where Crystal shares that all the proceeds of this book, every.single.penny., are being donated to Compassion International.  How awesome is that?  I have to be honest that reading that last paragraph pretty much blew me away.  I'm telling you, Crystal is really one amazing woman, how many people would actually do that?  (PS. You can actually read more about that here where she wrote more details about it yesterday.)  

Thanks to Crystal, I have FIVE brand spankin' new copies of this book to giveaway to FIVE of my lucky readers!!  If you'd like a chance to win your very own copy and start saving money and slashing your budget in 2012...

1.  Leave a comment telling me what one of your goals in 2012 is this year!  
2.  Be/Become a fan of Smashed Peas and Carrots and leave me a separate comment saying you did/are!
3.  Like Smashed Peas and Carrots on Facebook HERE and leave me a separate comment saying so!

**Must be 18 years or older to enter and a US resident to qualify!!

This giveaway will end Saturday, January 14 2010 at 8 am!!!

Good luck friends!!

XOXO,

Labels: ,

278 Comments:

1 – 200 of 278 Newer› Newest»
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal this year is to 1. prepare for maternity leave for baby #3, 2. save for a new home, and 3. pay off credit card debt.

Amber Ballard
a.ballard26@gmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM  
Blogger The Running Mama said...

My goal for 2012 is to save some money to have baby #2!

I am a fan on Facebook and a follower.

BTW, I finally remembered to get the ingredients for the no- bake energy balls and baby girl and i devoured them!

January 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger LuR said...

I am a fan on facebook.

lubrundage@comcast.net

January 10, 2012 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger LuR said...

I am a follower - can't wait to try the no bake energy balls!

January 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger LuR said...

Goals for the year - get out of credit card debt and stay that way - save money to be able to pay cash for Disney trip at the end of the year.

January 10, 2012 at 7:49 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

My goal is to become more organized!

January 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger thehappycrochetchic said...

I have a ton ofngoals this year, but i really want to get imto a better household routine...i have 4 kids and my house always seems messy unless i.clean all.day... i need a better way to do it so i dont have to do so mich all at once. Maybe this book would help...

January 10, 2012 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i follow you with google friend connect.

January 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i like you on facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:08 AM  
Anonymous Demitria said...

My goal for 2012 is to pay off any debt that's looming above our heads so we can start saving for a house!

January 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Demitria said...

I liked you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger mking_01 said...

My goal for 2012 is to pay as much as possible on our mortgage and at the same time save money.

January 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger angelina said...

darn it ! i thought you were emailing to say i won already !!! :))))
i am a fan!

January 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to work on getting ahead financially. We are already credit card free but need to work to get ahead instead of living month to month!

January 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger angelina said...

again - i plan to relax and enjoy this last year living overseas in preparation of moving back home after many years away. xx

January 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger angelina said...

liked on fb ! thank you maggie for the giveaway.

January 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Once my husband finishes grad school this summer, our goal is to really start our debt snowball. We were able to pay for his grad school all in cash, thanks to side jobs, renting for as cheaply as possible, and me taking a night job as a cleaning lady so I can still stay home with our three year old during the day.

January 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had baby #2 and I want to figure out a way to stay home with my 2 beautiful children!
-Mandy Regina

January 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am a fan:)

January 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

And I follow you on my Google reader :)

January 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I "liked" you on facebook:)

January 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

And I "like" you on facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/kathy.balch

January 10, 2012 at 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goals for 2012 are to set a budget for my family & declutter our house! We have been married almost 10yr. without having a budget & I swear the toys in our home are multiplying! I definitely know that this book will help me with both of my goals :)

jessi_crandell@hotmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I am already a follower. Love your blog!

January 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger Carri said...

My goals for this year are to get my home more organized, work on paying off debt, and start saving for our own home. :)

January 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

One of my goals for this year was to read more than last year. So I am aiming for 30 books. This would help me reach that goal.

January 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to declutter my home. I plan on selling as much stuff as I can, not only to simplify life, but to put money in the bank. This book would be a great resource for me as I continue my debt free journey!

January 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Carri said...

I'm a follower

January 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger Carri said...

already a fan on facebook :)

January 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Lynn, Julia and Eliza Grace said...

I like you on facebook.

January 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I just became a fan on Facebook! Amanda Martinez :)

January 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

I am a fan/follower of smashedpeasandcarrots. This book looks great!

January 10, 2012 at 8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fan on facebook :)

jessi_crandell@hotmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Randee said...

I like you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

I also like smashedpeasandcarrots on facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Randee said...

One of my goals is to finish the many projects I have going on! No more spending money on new ones until the old ones are done!

January 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Houseful Of Nicholes said...

My number 1 goal for this year is to raise my credit score by SEVERAL points. >sigh< Hard, but manageable work ahead for me!

January 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Houseful Of Nicholes said...

I'm a fan on Facebook.

January 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM  
Blogger Vanessa at Rescued Goods said...

Would love to win this book! Goals for the year are Be Strong, Get Organized. Saving money is there too, but that is still left over from last year-still working on it!

January 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Houseful Of Nicholes said...

And I'm a fan of your blog (I'm guessing GFC?)

January 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Willefam said...

sounds like a great book!! my goals this year are to eat healthier as a family, learn to not stress the small stuff, and become more organized on a daily basis :)

January 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Willefam said...

I have been a fan of your blog for a while and LOVE IT!!!

January 10, 2012 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Willefam said...

Totally like you on FB (Thats how I found about about this contest! )

January 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger caralyn said...

My goals for this new year are to be more organized (hah!) and save up for a down payment on our first house

January 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Lindsey {Simply Stylish} said...

My goal for 2012 is to lose all of the 2nd baby weight, plus some!!!!

mrscrowell5308@yahoo.com

January 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger caralyn said...

And I've been a follower of your blog for a while now! Cheers!

January 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Jessica Smith said...

TO have a very successful year with our direct sales companies!

January 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger Lindsey {Simply Stylish} said...

I "like" smashed peas and carrots on Facebook!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Jessica Smith said...

I have been a fan of your blog for some time. I absolutely LOVE everything you have to share!

January 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Jessica Smith said...

I definitely like you on facebook :-)

January 10, 2012 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger All Things Beautiful said...

My #1 goal for the year is to delivery a healthy baby and not too early. Other goals would be to adjust to having a 3rd child without going crazy. In the mean time I am working on all sorts of crafty baby projects and children's projects for my older two. I am hoping this will help the last couple months fly by.

January 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger TiffanyB said...

My goal for this year is to get out of debt or start getting out of debt, prove to my husband we can live our lives the way we want to so we can have baby #2.

I am a follower and I like (LOVE!!) you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I would love this book! My biggest goal for the year is to pay down debt and get closer to only owing on our mortgage :)

January 10, 2012 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I follow your blog :)

January 10, 2012 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dara said...

Already a fan of you on facebook!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Dara said...

I follow your blog already! And am still loving my camera lens case!

January 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Dara said...

Goals for 2012, get the kids to be less picky with their food, set up a family budget, become more active as a family!

January 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I am working hard on removing the clutter from my life both mental and physical. Been doing well so far!

January 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Already follow your bloc :)

January 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Or blog ;) stinking spell check. I also like you on facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger tini said...

I am le fan!

January 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger tini said...

I am le follower!

January 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger Heidi V said...

Two of my goals for 2012 are to lose weight and to pay down our debt! I'd love to read this book!

January 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Heidi V said...

I'm a smashed peas and carrots follower!

January 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

Oh, I so need this book this year! I've failed at budgeting and saving money every-single-time I make it one of my goals.

This year, my goal is to pay off my credit cards and actually START putting money into my savings.

January 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I'm a fan!

January 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

I liked you on Facebook!!

January 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger tini said...

My goal for 2012 is to be more loving!

January 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger whitneyh said...

Lots of goals for this year, but a couple are to fully fund our Emergency Fund & start saving to have cash for a new(to us) car when my 18 year old one konks out!

January 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To do more one on one activities with my kids.

January 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

One of my goals is to get rid of even more clutter from our home. Twice a year I go through each room in the house and declutter, but this year I want to be more ruthless with it and really get rid of the stuff we have not been using.

January 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you on Facebook

January 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a fan of your blog.

January 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Mommarock said...

My first goal for 2012 is to take better care of myself so that I can take better care of everyone else. My health has been giving me some problems, but this has to be #1.

January 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Mommarock said...

I am a blog follower

January 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Mommarock said...

I am a facebook fan already

January 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Suzy said...

I've been quietly checking out your blog for several weeks now, but am now an official follower (via email!)

January 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger TonyaElise said...

One of my goals is to start working with my three-year-old three times a week in structured play and learning (some people call that home school, but she is too little for school, so I just call it a structured day). Of course, my goal for TODAY is to finally get Christmas decorations taken down. January 10th, that is embarrassing...

January 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I have lots of 2012 goals: Pay down our mortgage so we can sell and move out of state; Keep a cleaner, more organized home; get our entire family healthier; read more...just to name a few!

January 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I'm now officially following your blog! Oh, and the kiddos and I made the no-bake energy bites last week...WAY too yummy!

January 10, 2012 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I like you a facebook...that's how I found out about the contest. Thanks for the chance to win a copy of the book!

January 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger The Parkers said...

I am 39 weeks pregnant and so when this little bundle decides to make his appearance my goal is to get back in my skinny jeans!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

My biggest goal this year is to work on getting out of debt. Use more of what I have, buy less...etc. etc.

January 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I am a big fan/follower of your blog!

January 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger The Parkers said...

I am a fan!!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger The Parkers said...

I liked your Facebook page...*fingers cross to win*

January 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I like Smashed Peas and Carrots on Facebook. Thanks!

January 10, 2012 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger Krissa said...

my goal for 2012 is to become more organized and budget more!

January 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger Krissa said...

I follow your blog!

January 10, 2012 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger thetoddlerwhisperer said...

2012 goal= clutter free home

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger thetoddlerwhisperer said...

fan on fb

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Krissa said...

I am a fan on facebook!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger thetoddlerwhisperer said...

have followed your blog for a couple years

January 10, 2012 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

one of my goals this year is to actually learn how to budget, budget well, and stick with a budget. we will be having our second child in 2 1/2 months and i will be out of work for a few months, so i really need to get on track now!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

i have been a follower for a while now!

January 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

i have also facebook liked you for a while now!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am a follower! kimmers

January 10, 2012 at 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to simplify and get out of debt. I want to teach my kids the value of hard work and the proper way to handle money!
Love the blog!
kimmers

January 10, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous nicky said...

I would love to win a copy of the book. I follow your and Crystal's blogs daily! My goal of 2012 is to lower that credit card bill!!

January 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger April said...

My goal is to save money for a car that I can buy with cash! I already have $3,000 saved! Woo!

January 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great giveaway and i'm glad for the chance to win. my goal honestly is to save more money than last year.

January 10, 2012 at 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked you on fb

January 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked you on FB

January 10, 2012 at 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal is to live in THIS moment!

January 10, 2012 at 11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a follower!

January 10, 2012 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Gizala said...

My top priority goal is spend more quality time with my child.

January 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Our family goals this year are to fix up our house in order to sell it in a few years, and to declutter and reorganize and save money (So this book sounds perfect for me!! LOL)

January 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I'm already follow your blog! :)

January 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

And I just liked your facebook page, via Creative Chaos! Thanks for the great giveaway!

January 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger kristine said...

I liked you on FB

January 10, 2012 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger kristine said...

Hmmm..I'm terrible about new year's resolutions. I don't usually make any. However, with baby number four on the way one of my goals is to spend more individual time with each of my kids (and encourage my husband to do the same).

January 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger Little Ella Lu said...

One of my goals is to use up some of my fabric stash instead of buying fabric.

January 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous jackie said...

I'd really love to become more organized and de-clutter my home. I'd also like to stop wasting so much money and get some debts paid off so we can afford to buy a bigger home so we can add on to our family.

January 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous jackie said...

I'm a fan of your blog.

January 10, 2012 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous jackie said...

I like you on facebook :)

January 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Wylie said...

I would love to win this book. We feel overwhelmed by student loans, mortgage, taxes, and need some good concrete advice to help us get out of the rut we are in....

January 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Connie Babe said...

2011, I lost and maintained 30 pounds gone from this body. 2012...I shall finish my goal and lose (and maintain) another 16 pounds.

January 10, 2012 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my goals in 2012 is to save a larger percentage of our monthly income to allow us to make a decent downpayment on a house later on in the year!

January 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am already a follower of your blog! It's wonderful!

January 10, 2012 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

A goal for 2012 is to learn to cut down on our grocrey bill but still eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

January 10, 2012 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Love the blog. Love the ideas.

January 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger ginger freckle said...

This looks like a great book! One of my 2012 goals this year is to make 9 aprons out of my Grandmother's vintage fabrics. Thanks for hosting a great giveaway!

January 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger ginger freckle said...

I am a faithful follower of Smashed Peas & Carrots! Thanks for the chance to win!

January 10, 2012 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger ginger freckle said...

I am a super fan on facebook ;o) Love reading your blog!

January 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

I am already a fan on Facebook. I am hoping to get all credit cards paid off this year!

January 10, 2012 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger shy said...

Two main goals for the year:
1.) Save enough money for baby #2
2.) Save for a tropical family vacation

January 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger shy said...

I've followed you through Google Reader, but I am an official follower now!

January 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM  
Blogger shy said...

I have liked you on Facebook for a couple months now!

January 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Julianne said...

One of my goals is to simplify my life. I am too much of a clutter catcher and I need to change!!

January 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM  
Anonymous Julianne said...

I'm a fan of Smashed Peas and Carrots!!

January 10, 2012 at 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Julianne said...

I now "like" you on facebook...can't believe I didn't do that before...I read your blog daily! :)

January 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

One of my goals is to be more organized. In turn I am hoping it will help me de-clutter and make less of a mess. I keep saying to my self put this item in it's home not on the counter.

January 10, 2012 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I follow you on google and daily e-mail

January 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am a facebook fan
nurseniki at comcast dot net

January 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

My goal is to stick with my budget...not ending the year needing my yearly land check to come as quickly as possible

January 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I'm a follower!

January 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I like you on FB

January 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Miller Moments said...

My goal for 2012 is to establish a purposeful budget. This is my first year as a stay-at-home mom so I'm much more in tuned to my daily spending. I would love to read this book!

January 10, 2012 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

My goal for 2012 is to focus solely on God and His will for my life. I would LOVE to read this book!

January 10, 2012 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Sara Bradbury said...

I would love to get a plan in place so I can be more proactive about not slipping down that money slop.

January 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Well one of my goals is to send all my family and close friends a birthday card and try not to stress about everything....

January 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Momma M said...

Hi maggie! Would love this book. Love that it is geared to MOMS!! (ps blue table rocks)

January 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Liked on facebook already and follow already.

January 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger annemarie said...

My goal is to up retirement savings.

January 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM  
Blogger annemarie said...

I am an email subscriber/follower.

January 10, 2012 at 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Chenille said...

I am an email subscriber and follower.

January 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Chenille said...

I follow you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Chenille said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to get our family on a "real" budget, not just online banking! We would also like to buy a home this year.

January 10, 2012 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Save up enough money to visit my sister in Germany.

January 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger willowbird35 said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to get a grip on my paper clutter. I pay my bills online but still feel the need to hold on to the paper bill that comes in the mail. I have 3 accordian folders with tabs and the paper bill goes in its spot...theoretically. LOL Typically what happens is that the bills pile up in an unsightly heap in a basket and when the basket is overflowing, I have to sit down and spend a lot of time sorting and filing. I loathe it. There must be a better way! - Karen

January 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger willowbird35 said...

I have been a fan of Smashed Peas and Carrots for some time! Love your blog! - Karen

January 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Kaitlin said...

Lose weight and get organized

January 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goals for 2012 is to have a happy healthy baby girl (due in April!) and to find the right church for my family.

Tera
eveybirr at yahoo dot com

January 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you on Facebook.

Tera
eveybirr at yahoo dot com

January 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

I would love to read this book for ideas on saving money. Thanks for the chance to win it.

January 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

paying off credit cards would be a start.
karen b
bkbowman91@centurylink.net

January 10, 2012 at 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liked you on FB
karen b
bkbowman91@centurylink.net

January 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to live more in the "present" with my three littles. (dnkistler@hotmail.com)

January 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I still like you on FaceBook - :-)

January 10, 2012 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My #1 goal is to pay off all debt and never use a credit card again all while teaching our homeschooled children the importance of a budget!
atopolinski@hotmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE fan of Smashed Peas and Carrots! I love opening my email every morning to read your blog!
atopolinski@hotmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my 2012 goals is to be supportive and loving towards my husband. I lived so much of last year in frustration and our marriage deserves better.

January 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still a fan on facebook!!
atopolinski@hotmail.com

January 10, 2012 at 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a definitely a fan of Smashed Peas and Carrots!

January 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a fan on Facebook too.

January 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

My goal for this year is to save for a house (the first year of our 5 year plan). I'm trying really hard to cut our grocery expenses.

January 10, 2012 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

I'm a follower

January 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

I just liked you on facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger regan said...

My #1 goal for 2012 is to get organized....my sewing room is, why isn't the rest of the house? So I would love to see what tips she might have in that book! Thanks for the chance!

January 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM  
Blogger regan said...

And, of course, I'm a follower! I love your blog (even though you don't like cilantro!) lol

January 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

already a fan of the blog.

January 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger Regina said...

My goal is to take the time this year to get into the habit of taking care of ME!!!!

January 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Blue Bohemian said...

My goal this year is to have a workable, purposeful budget for my family.

January 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Blue Bohemian said...

I follow your blog & love it btw : )

January 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Blue Bohemian said...

I also follow you on FB : )

January 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

My goal for this year is to start running again and to organize and budget.

January 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

One of my goals is to sew my first zipper.

January 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

This book looks really awesome. I follow your blog. :)

January 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I follow you on FB.

January 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy S. said...

One of my goals for 2012 is to start a bee hive and harvest my own honey.

January 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy S. said...

I like ya on facebook as Kathy Schaller Snider.

January 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Kathy S. said...

I'm a regular follower.

January 10, 2012 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

my major goal is to get healthier!! then to get my ufo's transferred to fo's!!! play the piano a few minutes each day. read good books, not just for entertainment...scriptures in particular. thanks for the opportunity and have a great day

January 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

we're buddies on fb!! :) thanks again

January 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

My number one goal for 2012 is to be in my devotional EVERY day...keeping my head and heart where they should be. Once that is in order, everything else seems to fall into place (or at least I'm better equipped to deal with it when it doesn't!). :)

January 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I'm a follower :)

January 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I like you on FB!

January 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for this info! my goal this year is to reduce our debt - combined, it is more than 60% of our family income per month! thank you

January 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I follow you on Google friend connect!

January 10, 2012 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i "Like" (really love) you on FB!

January 10, 2012 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Our goals are to pay off credit card debt and save for baby #2! I follow your blog and Facebook -- so excited to read this book and get some fantastic ideas!

January 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM  
Blogger wesem1 said...

Goal - pay down some of the house mortgage

January 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger wesem1 said...

I follow you on facebook.

January 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I follow you on blogspot.

January 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

I now follow you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger wesem1 said...

I just signed up to follow blog

January 10, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Renee. C said...

One of my goals this year is start getting out of debt, even if I only make a little dent.

January 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Renee C. said...

I'm a follower.

January 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM  
Anonymous Renee C. said...

And I like you on Facebook!

January 10, 2012 at 8:19 PM  
1 – 200 of 278 Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home