Creamy Salsa Soup {Recipe}
Over here in my neck of the woods we are definitely starting to get some cool autumn days and nights...yay! I so love Fall! I even went so far as to pull out my skinny jeans, boots and a sweater, albeit a thin sweater. :-) My crockpot is starting to get a good workout and warm delicious soup is on my brain.
Not too long ago I found this super easy 3-ingredient recipe for Creamy Salsa Soup in the latest issue of Everyday Food. It was perfect timing for all the salsa I have been canning this summer! See more about that here. Of course a great store-bought salsa will do the trick too.
Creamy Salsa Soup (serves 2)
1 16 oz jar salsa
1 3/4 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp heavy cream
salt and pepper
In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the salsa and chicken broth. Transfer to a blender along with two tablespoons of cream and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crunchy croutons, parmesan cheese, avocado or corn chips.
3 ingredients...I kid you not!
Pour the salsa and 1 3/4 cup of the chicken both into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Then I took my immersion blender and started blending it up right in the saucepan. I love to cut out excess steps if I can, it's one less thing to clean in the end!
While you are blending, add in two tablespoons of heavy cream. It's amazing what just a little bit of cream does to a soup...heavenly!
Then serve up your soup and season with a bit of salt and pepper.
So simple and perfect for a cool Fall night!
Enjoy!
XOXO,



1 Comments:
Looks really good, and easy. May just have to try this thanks for sharing..
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home