Simple Sewing Book Review and Giveaway!
Today I am so excited to share with you a book by Katie Lewis, Simple Sewing: 30 Fast & Easy Projects for Beginners. You may also know her from her lovely blog, The Red Kitchen. She wrote a book! How fun is that!! And a darn tootin' pretty good book if I do say so myself.
This book is absolutely perfect for the beginning sewist. I so wish she had written it when I started sewing 4 years ago. And even though I am no where near a beginner I really think this book is pretty great. I love the sheer volume of fun and quick projects she put together. Accessories, Baby, Toys...the list goes on, as you can see from the picture above! And I'll have you know that every project has full color, step-by-step instructions AND 90% of the projects in the book require less than one yard of fabric!
I actually used her Reversible Bib project to make a baby gift for a friend's friend's baby shower (haha, did you get that?) It was the easiest bib I've ever made, using 2 different cotton fabrics to make it reversible...and good for a gender neutral baby shower gift...and a set of snaps instead of the velcro!
Totally adorable, right?
I paired it with some of the burp cloths I sell in my shop...
And packaged it up all pretty along with a few other fun gifts and sent it on it's way to it's new happy home!
If you'd like to make your own Reversible Baby Bib or any of Katie's other fast and fabulous projects than you will want to enter the giveaway below to win a copy for yourself!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You can see more of the book tour over at Kojo-Designs and Ruffles and Stuff.
And you can buy a copy of the book for you or some friends at these retailers:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
XOXO,

Labels: Baby Stuff, Book Reviews, Fabric, Gift Ideas, Sewing






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment, it really makes my day! I read each and every one so please leave your email or make sure your profile is linked to your email so that I have a way to reply back to you! Thanks again and you're awesome!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home